This has been one of those times when years from now people will ask where were you when a Doctor lost his mind and show over 40 people on Ft. Hood. It really makes you reflect on what is important in life. I was glad to hear that my husband had left the base early to begin his trip. I was not looking forward to being alone for the weekend with everything that I needed to get done, but on the other hand I thought maybe I could get more done with him gone. Then I began calling to check up on friends and their spouses to see if they were all fine. Today I heard of a soldier that died who was preparing to be shipped overseas. He had been married for only 6 weeks. In another instance I was glad that one friends son was overseas and not on base here. I can only imagine how those moms, dads, sisters, brothers, children, and spouses must be feeling. I pray that people don't find out this was another Islamic attack. That could be very detrimental for those who practice Islam. We have done that in our history before when we were at war with Japan and started rounding up Japanese Americans and placing them in concetration camps.
No comments:
Post a Comment