Well here you go, you asked for it. The boys were horsing around in the living room with their father sitting there. According to Matt (I wasn't there when this was going on), he was sitting quietly on the couch watching TV when Brad decided to attack him. Needless to say the lamp that Aimee had made for me fell to the ceramic tile floor and the base broke. The stand that it was sitting on had a glass top. Dad now says "I told you to be careful and now you are going to be in trouble with your mom." Contrary to what my family thinks I had dusted the table, but I did not pick up the lamp to dust underneath because I was working several jobs and probably only gave it a lick and a promise, (like you girls haven't done the same thing). Several weeks later we were sitting in the living room watching the "Home Improvement" Show. The boys, all three, Dad, Matt, and Brad, began looking at each other and laughing hysterically. The show was about Mom going to work and Dad helping the kids with their homework and trying to find ways to make Mom's life easier. In the final scene he has programed the washer to automatically dispense soap, softener and clorox. All three of the boys were on the floor by this time and I was wondering what they were up to. I agree the show may have been a little funny, but not hysterically. Finally both Dad and Matt were looking at Brad and he was trying to look innocent. I walk over to Brad and have figured out by this time that something is up with the lamp. I go to pick up the lamp and it won't come off the table. I would have to say that all three of them are guilty. Well, looking back I guess it was pretty funny and Brad had to make me another lamp to replace the one he broke. Some how I think that one got broke at some time as well. Since everyone thinks we have some very funny stories I will post them from time to time. I guess I will work on the tongue and the pole the next time.
4 comments:
Matt wouldn't get on and say this so I guess he doesn't have an account. He said it was almost correct. He claims it was several months later and that he was innocent. (NOT SINCE THE DAY HE WAS BORN!!!!)
Feel perfectly free to continue to tell stories of the boys misdeeds Mom. Have you seen the advertisement for the new show supposedly about real stories from moms?
No I haven't seen that advertisement, but maybe I should enter the stories I have on my many years of mothering of three children. I don't think I have any stories about you, but you seem to have made up a few about me, so maybe turn about is fair play. What say the masses?
Thanks for telling the story, I still think it is one of the funniest things I have ever heard!
Post a Comment