Well for all you Mom's I am absolutlely positive you are looking forward to tomorrow, the first day of school. Well, I always looked forward to school and couldn't sleep the night before, because I was excited about the new students God was placing in my hands to mold and shape. Don't get me wrong there were times I wondered what I was doing there. I had students who even though they really wanted to be loved, made it very hard to love them. As all teachers know, those are the students you think I will never name my kids after. Remember to pray for your kids teachers, but pray for grace not patience. I say that because a very long time ago I was told teachers need to pray for grace not patience, because the Bible says "tribulation worketh patience" and I believe there are enough other things to teach teachers about patience. Teachers are not perfect by any matter of speaking, but in today's world many are doing the job that parents are not doing. I am assuming that those reading this blog are good parents who are teaching their kids about truth and honesty and citizenship, but too many parents today became parents before they were ready for parenthood because they were kids themselves. We also have many students in classes today who no longer have two parents to teach them everything they should learn at home and many single parents who have no choice but to send them to day care where they learn some things you may not want them to know. God can work miracles in your students lives, but remember to pray for your children and their teachers daily. I used to pray for each student sbefore the year began by walking to each desk, now I pray for each of the teachers because they have become my students.
No comments:
Post a Comment