Saturday, August 29, 2009

Two jobs or two heads

I have been drowning this week. Our new tech comes on board full time next week, but I will continue training him and getting him up to speed fast. I look forward to passing things on to him and he will have to jump in there and be willing to call on contacts to get things done. I have already given him an assignment for Monday morning and made an appointment for a couple of computers that need trouble shooting. I suggested he do that last week, but he wasn't there fulltime for one thing and for another it is like suggesting a man ask for directions. Somehow they think that belittles them I guess. He will also be pulling hard drives and turning stuff in and moving it. Boy am I glad I can dress up a little this year and not have to worry about having to crawl under desks and show what wouldn't be proper or getting dirty. I know most of you won't comment on this or any other blog I do, but decided that I will look at it like getting things off my chest that again most of you don't want to hear about. I know that is kind of sad, because I think blogs should be interactive, but then maybe our lives would have to be similiar for that to happen.
We are working on Matt's truck and so are down to one vehicle again because the men in my life didn't really think this through. I tried to tell them that my husband's truck would sit for 2 weeks while my son is flying around and we could use two vehicles since our work hours are not in sync. It isn't that I couldn't find enough to keep me busy until about 5, but I have to travel to a meeting almost every night next week after school and will have to be there until 7 or if we should finish early, have nothing to do and no where to go in the neighborhoods where the meetings are. Not safe to walk there either.
Signing off for now because housework beckons.

No comments: